A post on a Korean online community has recently garnered the wrath of Kang Daniel fans.
The poster highlighted a post Daniel made in the Wanna One fancafe, titled “dokyo”.
“How could you spell tokyo as dokyo ㅋㅋ It’s common sense ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Once again I felt that celebrities are seriously ignorant.. well it’s not like he did anything wrong but ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He even spelt ‘birthday’ wrong before, just don’t write things in English ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ah, Kang Daniel fans who say that Suzy is ignorant should diseapper ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they keep saying that’s how it’s spelt but who normally spells the place ‘dokyo’ ㅜㅜㅋㅋㅋㅋ he can be a bit ignorant, just don’t sheild him like that you ahjummas ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ and please stop lying that he studied abroad in Canada ㅠㅠ”
Eventually Daniel did notice the mistake, apologized in the fancafe, and changed the title of the post.
“It’s supposed to be a T! Sorry.”
One commenter did wonder why he didn’t write it in Korean if he wasn’t sure but overall, the original poster received more hate than Daniel did.
- “So what if it’s wrong? It’s not like he can’t speak English, he can read international fans’ letters and questions and writes long sentances in the comments. Just because he spelled something wrong once is totally irrelevant, are you here to promote my artist’s strong mentality?”
- “This is the post he uploaded yesterday and wrote it correctly without any edits, it was just a mistake. By the way, thank you for uploading posts and communicating with us, I love you Kang Daniel”
- “Kang Daniel wrote a post yesterday with the title ‘Tokyo’ and uploaded the ‘dokyo’ one today, do you think if he knew it was spelled Tokyo he would type ‘dokyo’ on purpose? You’re really grabbing onto anything for the sake of dissing him, just go back to the corner you came from and don’t come out, let us normal people live peacefully.”
- He just spelled it wrong. I’m just laughing at the haters who are starting nothing over spelling a location name wrong. Watching [Daniel] who without living overseas, says English isn’t hard and naturally writes and speaks it I feel amazed. It makes me like Kang Daniel even more, let’s not waste our strength on haters and just live happily.
- “Why does a Korean person get sworn at for spelling one English word incorrectly? I’m not even his fan but it’s irritating.”
One fan pointed out that even journalists used the spelling ‘dokyo’ as well when writing on events in Tokyo.
Looks like Kang Daniel haters will learn not to come for him without proper receipts again.