With the first three episodes having been aired so far, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo’s Encounter has been receiving a split reaction from its viewers.
Encounter tells the love story between Soohyun (played by Song Hye Kyo), the wealthy CEO of a large hotel, and Jinhyuk (played by Park Bo Gum), a new employee who just began working at Soohyun’s hotel.
Now that the story has gained some momentum, viewers have been expressing their opinions about the drama and reactions have been split. While some have been saying that the two actors’ romance is heart-fluttering…
- “A story saved by Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo.”
- “Park Bo Gum’s smile is simply heart-fluttering.”
- “I support Soo Hyun and Jinhyuk’s romance.”
- “It’s fun. It purifies my tired eyes for an hour.”
Many others are disappointed in the unrealistic aspects of the plot.
- “This is seriously such a disappointment, that this is all they can come up with using two top stars.”
- “Is this all you can do with two top stars?”
- “The dialogue is corny.”
- “I can’t watch it any longer. Honestly, is this fun? The lines and plot are both lousy.”
- “It’s basically porn for women. Reaps in as much profit as they can with the least amount of investment.”
- “They both probably accepted the offer because of the casting. They’re probably thinking it’s corny too as they film it.”
- “Nothing to see in this drama except for the faces of the main characters.”
Some viewers also expressed that the two stars didn’t have great chemistry.
- “No fun. Looks like an aunt and her nephew.”
- “I do like Park Bo Gum but honestly, Song Hye Kyo looks better with Jang Seung Jo.”
- “Failed casting.”
- “Forget the dialogue and story, the two actors don’t suit each other and have no chemistry, so it’s just not exciting.”
Despite the reviews, however, the drama has achieved an average audience rating of 9.3% with the highest being 10.3%. It has become the most watched program of the time slot for 3 consecutive episodes among all broadcasting channels.
Check out a behind-the-scenes clip of Encounter below: