(G)I-DLE‘s maknae Shuhua faced criticisms for her dance since her debut. While she was not a bad dancer, she appeared weaker compared to the other members. One particular fancam of her performing “LATATA” at a festival garnered attention. Despite her gorgeous visuals, the public zeroed in on her lack of strength in execution.
Later on, she was similarly criticized for failing to master the choreography during a special stage with other girl group maknaes.
Although Shuhua had later explained that they did not have enough time to practice as a four, the “bad dancer” label seemed to stick with her. Until (G)I-DLE’s most recent comeback with “TOMBOY,” that is. A short 13-second clip went viral as the public noted her vastly improved dance skills.
She was able to showcase her newfound accuracy in execution. Shuhua even perfected her expressions.
Fans were very impressed with her strength in delivery.
The short clip garnered over 1.1 million views in a few days.
She gained endless praise for her dedication and hard work.
- “I’m a fan of another group, but Shuhua’s skills improved loads.”
- “Now she’s just a good [dancer]. It’s amazing.”
- “Recently, I like Shuhua’s dance videos the most out of all dance videos. She’s the best.”
- “It seems like she now knows how to use her body [in dance], Ye Shu Shu.”
- “But originally, even though she was a little lacking in the basics, she didn’t seem like she had two left feet. Her dance lines were pretty, so she was always able to look good dancing and bring out the choreography, but she totally sharpened her knives during the hiatus… She looks so cool, how she’s always trying hard to improve.”
Of course, NEVIES know how hard Shuhua has been working. Since late 2021, she had been uploading dance practice videos during their hiatus. It seemed like she had been slowly but surely improving since then.
Shuhua can only go up from here! Be sure to check out “TOMBOY” to show her and (G)I-DLE some love.