K-Pop’s favorite summer girl group SISTAR reunited for a special performance on the last episode of the show Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook. They were joined by artists like Paul Kim, MeloMance, Kim Jong Kook, Gummy, and Heize to commemorate this iconic show on its final episode.
This was the first time SISTAR performed together as a group after their disbandment in 2017. Naturally, fans were highly excited about the performance. The group came together to perform a medley of their hits “Touch My Body,” “Shake It,” “Loving U,” “I Swear,” and “Alone.”
touch my body – sistar (yu huiyeol's sketchbook 220722) pic.twitter.com/C8NgSsYndm
— sistar archive (@loopsistar) July 22, 2022
Fans flocked to Korean blogging forums after the performance to gush about this reunion. Most comments were asking for SISTAR to resume their activities as a group, while others talked about how the group remains undefeated as “Summer Queens”.
301. “I love it, I really love it. You can put out a new song or just perform the old ones, just come back.”
303. “I saw it yesterday, and it was so exciting. The four of you please promote together.”
304. “Wow, I really like it. Summer is for SISTAR.”
325. “Is this live???? It seems like live but it’s so good really.”
326. “Whoa really, SISTAR do a comeback.”
327. “Reunite and release a song.”
342. “As usual, summer is for SISTAR!!! All of them got prettier!”
343. “Please come back”
345. “It’s crazy, I really like it. This is what you call a live performance.”
After the four-member group disbanded in 2017, fans were disappointed with the news. Though the decision was taken unanimously by all of the members, given this overwhelming support, maybe they would consider some activities in the future as a group.